Ionization Labs has developed the GummyPak Starter, a compact laboratory setup that allows Cann-ID users the ability to prepare cannabinoids suspended in gummy matrices for potency analysis via HPLC-UV.
This sample preparation setup was utilized to help achieve the Emerald Test Badge for 7-part Potency in Gummy for Ionization Labs ISO 17025:2017 accredited lab.
Ionization Labs has three product options that utilize the GummyPak preparation. This includes the GummyPak Starter Kit, GummyPak Novice, and GummyPak Pro. The GummyPak sample preparation kits achieve higher recovery for target analytes compared to other preparation methods when testing for cannabinoids in gummy matrices. Gummy matrices typically consist of sugars, starches, pectins, and gelatins.
For you to be able to utilize the GummyPak, your facility will need to be equipped with a pipette that can distribute 10mL of solvent, a centrifuge capable of holding 50 mL centrifuge tubes, and a sonicator, vortex, or homogenizer to allow for quicker dissolution of your gummy product. If your facility does not have the supportive equipment, we suggest purchasing this GummyPak Starter to quickly start testing your gummies. Ionization Labs will provide the standard operating procedure for testing gummies and technical support.
- Laboratory Benchtop Centrifuge
- 10mL Adjustable Volume, Single-Channel Pipettor
- GummyPak Novice (25 Tests)
About the Centrifuge:
- Maximum speed of 4000 rpm - more than enough to prepare a gummy sample
- Variable speed control allows the user to adjust the rpm
- Designed to fit (6) 50mL Centrifuge tubes
About the Pipettor
- Volume range is from 1-10mL and has 100μl increments.
- Fits with 10mL Four E's Scientific pipette tips
- Display allows for more accurate volume adjustment & identification
- Calibrated to ISO 8655 standards
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
About the GummyPak
The GummyPak will include HPLC grade acetonitrile, HPLC grade water, 50 mL centrifuge test tubes, GummyPak salts, and pipette tips. Along with these items, Ionization Labs will provide the standard operating procedure for testing gummies and technical support.
- 250mL Bottle with 250mL HPLC Grade Acetonitrile
- 250mL Bottle with 250mL HPLC Grade Water
- (5) 10mL Pipette tips
- (25) 50mL Centrifuge tubes filled with a baggie of sample preparation salts
Each baggie of preparation salts contains:
- 0.5g Sodium Chloride
- 2.0g Magnsium Sulfate Anhydrous
The salts are combined into one baggie and placed inside of the centrifuge tube.