At Ionization Labs, we want to help ensure that your samples arrive at our lab without experiencing any issues during the process. Our goal is to make third-party and in-house potency testing as accessible and standardized as possible. If you are curious about submitting a hemp potency sample to Ionization Labs, please utilize the following steps:
1. Order a Sample Through our Online Store
In a web browser, visit our product page and select either the Premium 24 Hour Potency Test or our Standard 72 Hour Potency Test.
- Ionization Labs offers multiple bulk testing packages that can reduce the cost of testing. Determine the quantity of test(s) needed and the time-frame the results need to be reported.
Add the applicable items to your digital cart.
- If bulk samples (5 pack, 10 pack) are submitted separately at a later date, the submitter will need to complete a separate Sample Intake Form/Chain of Custody for each respective shipment.
- Bulk orders can be maintained as a store credit and do not need to be submitted together. When submitting the sample intake form for additional samples, ensure to use the original order # received.
Once the test(s) have been added to the cart, select "Check Out”
After you have logged in or created an account with us, review the items in the cart. Proceed by entering address and billing information.
You should receive a confirmation once your order was successfully placed and confirmed.
2. Complete the Sample Intake/Chain of Custody Form
After completing your order, log in to your email to access your confirmation email and order #. This email will provide you a link to complete your sample intake form.
Complete your Sample Intake Form by filling out all of the required fields.
- Order Number
- Order number that was received in the confirmation email
- Submitter Name
- Individual submitting the sample
- Company name that will be shown on the COA
- Email the results will be sent to
- Phone number of individual submitting the sample
- State Issued Hemp Cultivation or Hemp Processing Permit
- Any state regulatory information
- Number of Potency Test Samples to Submit
- Amount of samples you will be submitting with this intake
- Number of 24 Hour Turnaround Potency Tests
- Amount of samples that have a 24 hour turnaround time for results
- Number of 72 Hour Turnaround Potency Tests
- Amount of samples that have a 72 hour turnaround time for results
- Potency Test Sample Information
- Add all relevant information related to your sample ie batch information, sample name, sample type, unit weight
Once the form is completed and submitted, you will receive an additional email confirmation with your ILCTS identification that must be included on each of your sample(s).
3. Prepare Your Samples for Submission
How much sample is required for testing?
- 3 to 5 grams dry/wet for plant material (biomass, flower, bud) - per sample analysis
- 0.5 to 1 gram for oil, wax, shatter, distillate & isolate, concentrates/extracts, vape oils - per sample analysis
- 3 grams of topical (roll-ons, lotions, creams, gels, salves) – per sample analysis
- 3 to 5 pieces of edibles and capsules – per sample analysis
- 5 mL tinctures and infused oils - per sample analysis
- 5 mL for beverages - per sample analysis
Please ensure that bud/flower sample(s) are within 5 - 12% dry weight (moisture content) per USDA Laboratory Testing Guidelines. If your sample is not dry or cured, our laboratory will dry your sample on your behalf. This will delay your analysis and your sample results could be subject to a 24 to 72 hour delay. CTS is not responsible for delays due to the client's failure to provide test-ready material.
Sample intake ends at 2 PM CST. If a sample is received and processed after that deadline, it will be tested the following day. Ionization Labs is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM. No samples will be processed during the weekends. If you have any further questions, please call us at (737) 231-0772.
Samples should be clearly labeled with:
- ILCTS identification number provided after sample intake form is submitted
- Company and/or Client Name
- Sample Name
- Batch ID(optional)
- Date Sample taken (if applicable)
4. Send Your Samples to Ionization Labs
If you are shipping your samples or dropping them off, please use the following address to send samples to:
We look forward to receiving and analyzing your samples! Thank you for your support and choosing Ionization Labs for your potency testing analysis.
The Ionization Labs CTS Team
If you have any questions regarding submitting potency testing, please reach out at 737-231-0772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a comment